Researching the Italian Campaign

All things World War II.....from the European Theatre to the Pacific.......America's Greatest Generation! Let's Talk!

Moderator: bilbo37

IanLahey

Researching the Italian Campaign

Postby IanLahey » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:32 am

I have found some material, mainly interviews and memories, regarding the Italian campaign, especially towards the end of the war.

I would like to verify and, if possible, integrate it for a little project of mine. But before I start firing questions I think a presentation is due:

My name is Ian Lahey, I'm an English literature teacher living in Italy. My dad moved here from the U.S. over thirty years ago.
Living here means I've heard a lot of stories, and seen a lot of places that still carry memories of what happened around '44. I live in Friuli and we sill find shells and grenades, one of which I found myself, in a river next to my school when I was in junior high. Gave the principal quite a shake that time.

I am currently investigating what happened along the Gustav line, especially at Anzio and Montecassino, I'm sure there's already plenty of material in this forum so I'll have a look around before I start asking the obvious stuff.

Thanks for letting me aboard.

Return to “World War II”